1987 Aston Martin Lagonda Series 2

Aston Martin Lagonda Series 2

Year: 1987
Chassis no: SCFDL01S3FTL13433
Registration: D971MKX
Registered In: UK
Price: £115,000

1987 Aston Martin Lagonda

Chassis number: SCFDL01S3FTL13433

Registration number: D971MKX

Mileage: 22,546

The Aston Martin Lagonda is a full-size luxury four-door saloon manufactured by British manufacturer Aston Martin between 1974 and 1990. A total of 645 were produced. The name was derived from the Lagonda marque that Aston Martin had purchased in 1947. There are two distinct generations, the original, the short lived 1974 design based on a lengthened Aston Martin V8, and the entirely redesigned, wedge-shaped Series 2 model introduced in 1976.
Series 2 (1976–1985)

The Series 2 model has pop-up headlights and a design in-line with folded paper wedged shaped trend of the 1970s

The interior of the Series 2 had a futuristic dashboard and controls
The wedge-shaped Lagonda V8 saloon was launched in 1976 at the London Motor Show and was a total contrast to the 1974 model, sharing little but the engine.[13] Deliveries of the Lagonda did not commence until 1979. Series 2 cars were originally fitted with digital LCD dashboards and touch button controls but these features were abandoned in 1980. The Lagonda retailed at GB£49,933 in 1980, significantly more than a Ferrari 400 or Maserati Kyalami but less than a Rolls-Royce Corniche. The car commenced sales in the US from 1982 with minor regulatory amendments to the front bumper and airdam. 

Series 3 (1986–1987)
1986 Aston Martin Lagonda Series 3
The Series 3 was produced for only one year with 75 units manufactured. All had fuel injected engines. Cathode ray tube instrumentation was later changed to a vacuum fluorescent display system and shared exterior styling with the Series 2.

Series 4 (1987–1990)
The 1987 Series 4 had more rounded, but also more slab-sided styling.
The Series 4 was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1987, having been extensively restyled by the car's original designer William Towns. Sharp edges were rounded off and the pop-up headlights were replaced with three headlights on each side of the grille. The side swage line (or character line) was removed and 16-inch wheels were introduced. With production of around one car per week, 105 cars were manufactured through January 1990.

This stunning series 2 left hand drive originally registered in the UK went to Switzerland. Finished in Cumberland grey with Mushroom trim is in outstanding condition. Great history and wonderful condition with lovely specifaction.

Back to sales vehicles

Vehicle details

Additional Information / Service History

1987 Aston Martin Lagonda

Chassis number: SCFDL01S3FTL13433

Registration number: D971MKX

Mileage: 22,546

The Aston Martin Lagonda is a full-size luxury four-door saloon manufactured by British manufacturer Aston Martin between 1974 and 1990. A total of 645 were produced. The name was derived from the Lagonda marque that Aston Martin had purchased in 1947. There are two distinct generations, the original, the short lived 1974 design based on a lengthened Aston Martin V8, and the entirely redesigned, wedge-shaped Series 2 model introduced in 1976.
Series 2 (1976–1985)

The Series 2 model has pop-up headlights and a design in-line with folded paper wedged shaped trend of the 1970s

The interior of the Series 2 had a futuristic dashboard and controls
The wedge-shaped Lagonda V8 saloon was launched in 1976 at the London Motor Show and was a total contrast to the 1974 model, sharing little but the engine.[13] Deliveries of the Lagonda did not commence until 1979. Series 2 cars were originally fitted with digital LCD dashboards and touch button controls but these features were abandoned in 1980. The Lagonda retailed at GB£49,933 in 1980, significantly more than a Ferrari 400 or Maserati Kyalami but less than a Rolls-Royce Corniche. The car commenced sales in the US from 1982 with minor regulatory amendments to the front bumper and airdam. 

Series 3 (1986–1987)
1986 Aston Martin Lagonda Series 3
The Series 3 was produced for only one year with 75 units manufactured. All had fuel injected engines. Cathode ray tube instrumentation was later changed to a vacuum fluorescent display system and shared exterior styling with the Series 2.

Series 4 (1987–1990)
The 1987 Series 4 had more rounded, but also more slab-sided styling.
The Series 4 was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1987, having been extensively restyled by the car's original designer William Towns. Sharp edges were rounded off and the pop-up headlights were replaced with three headlights on each side of the grille. The side swage line (or character line) was removed and 16-inch wheels were introduced. With production of around one car per week, 105 cars were manufactured through January 1990.

This stunning series 2 left hand drive originally registered in the UK went to Switzerland. Finished in Cumberland grey with Mushroom trim is in outstanding condition. Great history and wonderful condition with lovely specifaction.

RICHARD BIDDULPH
SALES & VALUATIONS

m: +44 (0) 7967 260 673
e: richard@vandp.net

SIMONE DELLA CORTE
SHOWROOM MANAGER

t: +44 (0)7377 070 943
e: simone@vandp.net

MICHAEL KLIEBENSTEIN
EUROPEAN SALES and MARKETING

m: +49 170 204 3831
e: michael.kliebenstein@t-online.de

JAN KURTY
EASTERN EUROPE SALES and MARKETING

m: +44 7872 932 675
e: kurtyinterbiz@btinternet.com

Back to sales vehicles

Similarly Priced Vehicles

Vehicles within 20% of price
VINTAGE AND PRESTIGE OF NORTHAMPTON LTD
Company reg. no: 1257 3400
Vintage and Prestige of Northampton Ltd and the V&P trade marks are owned & operated by: Visayas Vintage Car Restoration Inc. For full licensing information and details please refer to our 'About V&P' section