Chassis no: B448NZ
Registration: BLS 642
Vintage and Prestige are Proud to offer this 1952 Bentley MK VI For Sale.
Not often do we get to handle a car with such well documented History as this fine motor, with beautiful invoices from the Rolls-Royce factory dating back to the 50’s.
First registered in January 1952 with the number plate TGY 8 and supplied to DW Ralph, who had it regularly serviced by Bentley agents.
The next owner, Colonel Jackson of the Pembridge Gardens Hotel in Bayswater, bought it for £759.10s in December 1961. He kept a detailed record of the car's service and repair history and regularly took the car to the Continent.
In September 1962 before traveling to Paris he sent the car to Bentley for a 'continental service', despite this the car 'failed to proceed' and a Bentley mechanic was flown to Paris at the company's expense to repair the car.
In August 1969 Col Jackson accounted what he'd spent on the car in his eight years' ownership on the back of the hotel restaurant menu. This amounted to £1,796.10s.9d.
Col Jackson sold the car to the Hon Julian Guest for £300 in July 1970. Mr Guest then undertook a thorough overhaul, notably of the bodywork. By the time this was completed in June 1971, the cost had risen well above the original estimate of £545 plus parts, to £809 – largely because of company pay rises as the garage apologetically explained to Mr Guest.
In 1975, with some 180,000 miles on the clock, it was examined by the AA on behalf of Mr Smith, a prospective purchaser. They established that the engine had been re-bored at 120,000 miles and that the car was generally sound but was starting to show its age.
The next owner, Mr WH Beaumont, had the front seats reupholstered in traditional Connolly hides in 1979. He also seems to have had the car repainted from its original dark grey to it's present cream and black finish.
It was under his ownership that the car first came under the care of the West Hoathly Garage in Sussex, founded in 1932 to cater for Bentley, Rolls Royce and Packard motor cars. Mr Beaumont did not use the car much in the 1990s and in 1999 the West Hoathly Garage undertook a major overhaul and then sold the car on.
In 2000 the car was subject to a full bare metal re-spray with all areas of corrosion being treated or replaced and works carried out in excess of £14,000 The car was finished in the cream and black livery that you see it wearing today and is still shown in excellent condition.
Since restoration the car has had seldom use and any servicing work and parts purchased are documented in the substantial history folder.
Produced from 1946 to 1952, the Bentley Mark VI was the first post-war luxury car from Bentley and also the first car from Rolls-Royce with factory coachwork as standard, although chassis were still also supplied to independent coachbuilders.
The factory bodies were made by Pressed Steel Ltd of Coventry and sent to the Bentley works at Crewe for painting and fitting out with traditional wood and leather. They featured rear hinged 'suicide' doors and a sliding sunroof.
Office 01375 379719
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST
Back to sales vehicles