Chassis no: GBM60
1928 Rolls Royce 20hp Gurney Nutting Weyman Saloon
Chassis number: GBM60
A stunningly restored car in concourse show condition. This car wears a Gurney Nutting Weyman saloon body. originally fitted to a 4 ½ litre Bentley reg no. KL3579 which was converted to Le Mans spec. The body woud fit equally well on a 6.5 litre or8 litre chassis should a W.O. Bentley owner be looking for an original saloon body. The interior is beautifully kitted out & trimmed in beige leather with all the original Gurney Nutting woodwork in situ.
In 2007 GBM60 underwent a major Chassis rebuild taking some 9 months by its RREC member owner. Since then it has covered a 700 mile rally in 2008 and toured some 3000 miles in 2009 suffice to say “she drives like a Rolls Royce”. The car comes with a detailed photographic history of the restoration along with a comprehensive set of notes & bills detailing the huge expenditure.
The body is finished in Maroon fabric to the lower portions & black fabric to the roof areas. wings & bonnet are both painted in black; paint & fabric being in perfect condition.
To the inside is superb tobacco coloured leather again in perfect condition. The Seating by J Gurney Nutting is opulence in itself. making the cabin a lovely place to be. The engine bay is detailed to show standards with the car as a whole being a credit to its restorer. The body suits the car beautifully & is very light so as not to impede performance. Sir Henry would have approved. A capacious trunk sits on the rear of the car; the spare wheel being side mounted.
Recent Works completed in the last 2 years include:
New exhaust system. The Internet manifold removed and new couplings thread
2. Period ignition coil rewound and fitted.
3. Correct condenser installed in the distributor.
4. Indicators upgraded with new switch and an audible buzzer.
5. Audible buzzer fitted to the overheat System.
6. Headlights upgraded with new lenses and light bulbs. Also indicator light fitted for
the main beam with independent switching.
7. A full service undertaken with defective Enot greasers being replaced.
8. A new period jack is in the tool box.
9. Engine detailing undertaken with new start handle and the correct Lucas oilcan.
10. Brake servo system relined with “floating” liners
11. All artillery wheels repaired where necessary and re-sprayed.
12 Electric window wipers fitted.
13 Rear luggage box refurbished anti-lock repaired and supplied with new keys.
14. Toolbox upgraded with a selection of BSF spanners together with various hand tools.
15. Spares catalogue and other books on brakes and engine supplied.
16. A new battery fitted.
17. Klaxon Horn repaired.
18. A period of flower vase with flowers on the dashboard.
19. Actually charger fitted with detectable lead.
20. Clock repaired and made serviceable.
21. Steering box oil replaced.
22. Spark plug leads replaced.
23. New spark plugs installed.
24 New contact points installed
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Christoff Cowens 07772 188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6S
Back to sales vehicles