Chassis no: B279FU
Registration: MTU 776
Vintage and Prestige are proud to offer this 1950 Bentley MK VI Park Ward FH 2 Door Coupe For Sale.
Chassis Number: B279FU
Reg no: MTU 776
This MKVI was first registered in 1950 with a two door coupe (Type 147) body by Park Ward and was supplied to Mr Porter in Liverpool who specified for the factory to fit a sunroof and bespoke front and rear bumpers.
This striking car had two other owners in Liverpool before moving to London to be sold at Jack Barclay’s. The car was sold to the United States where she resided until 2004.
Once returned to Europe in 2004 the MKVI was bought by a collector who after a few years decided to send her for a thorough and meticulous restoration, where the paintwork, engine, wood work and interior were all brought back to as new condition.
Today she is presented in excellent condition, the paintwork is finished in Champagne and is complemented by a beautiful Brown hide interior.
The engine bay matches the exterior and the quality continues as you start the engine. The straight six really does run as smoothly as a Bentley should, and is a delightful drive on the road.
This very attractive Coupe is an ideal tourer with generous luggage space behind the seats.
The launch of the Bentley MK VI in 1946 marked a significant change in policy for Rolls-Royce by being the companys first wholly produced car, previously both Rolls-Royce and Bentley motor cars had been manufactured in chassi form only, before being bodied by independent bespoke coachbuilders.
This change came about as a result of a rationalisation programme instigated before World War Two. It was realised that if Rolls-Royce Motors was to survive in the post-war years a substantial increase in manufacturing output would be necessary.
Announced in May 1946, the MKVI featured a strong channel section chassis with independent wishbone/ coil spring front suspension allied to a live, leaf sprung rear axle. Drum brakes were fitted all round, together with Rolls-Royce’s mechanically driven servo assistance, the front units for the first time on a Bentley being hydraulically operated.
Power was provided by the pre-war B60 4,257cc six cylinder engine, with overhead inlet and side exhaust valves, and belt rather than gear driven dynamo and water pump. These were both major changes from previous Rolls-Royce practive and were sufficent to propel the Bentley via twin SU carburettors to 90mph. The prototype tests on the MKVI were carried out during the 1939-45 hostilities, some conducted by cabinet ministers and military officers.
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Paul Fox 07955 588019
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST
Back to sales vehicles